June 2014

June 2014

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

First of the Month Challenges!

Well hello everyone!!! I have a few "creations" to show you today so sit back, relax, and enjoy the show :-)
We all know by now that the first of the month means new challenges over at Colorful Creations.  The "Snowflake" card I posted previously was used for my Creative Card Challenge over there.  Another challenge I host there is the Creative Monthly Project.  Every month, I challenge members to get creative by trying new (and old) crafting techniques and tricks.  This month, I went with ribbon scrunching.  I've been seeing it all over the place and decided to give it a shot!!!
I started by using this sketch I found over at Sketches4All.  


I decided I wanted to make a "masculine" page for this challenge and use my new "Fact or Fiction" collection by BasicGrey.  I also wanted this to look like a "file" so I used my corner round punch on the edges and added tabs to the bottom :-)  Then, I matted the photo with a piece of cardstock from the 6x6 paper pad and punched the bottom using the "plaid punch" by EK Success.  I stuck another sheet under it and used the torn paper punch for that one.  I used the left over piece from  the punch and added it to the right side of the photo!  I loaded a few embellies and scrunched my ribbon to complete this page. 
This is a photo of my husband at a local state park a few years back.  Isn't he so handsome?!?!



Here's a close up of these super cute embellies!!!! I LOVE them!!!!

And here's my take on the ribbon scrunching.  It was SOOOOO super easy... All you need to do is lay down some double sided tape (or any double sided adhesive) and scrunch away!! Yep, it's that easy :-)


I am VERY pleased to announce that, starting this month, I will be hosting a new challenge over at Sketches4All!!!  I am soooo excited to be part of their team!!! I was asked to host a Tag Challenge over there since I am in LOVE with making them!! I think they are just sooo pretty :-)
Any who, I wanted to make this tag for a very special friend.  I decided to coordinate this challenge with my card challenge over at Colorful Creations by testing members to use metal on their creations!  I find that I have so many metal embellies that I never use.  I just think that they never "go with the flow" of whatever it is I am making.  So, this month, I decided to conquer my fear and use metal on just about EVERYTHING!!!!! Hahahahahaha!!!!!

I started by cutting a standard tag from a beautiful piece of soft purple script paper from Recollections.  Then, I used my corner punch on the top edges to add some detail.  I distressed all the edges and inked them using Tim Holtz Concord color distress ink. The canvas piece in the middle is by Prima and is AMAZING!!!! It's resist canvas so you can use your distress stains on them and they turn out ever so beautiful!! I actually used Victorian Velvet and Bundled Sage distress stains until I received the desired effect.  
I added a die-cut I received from a friend and I believe it's from "Memory Box"?!?! I inked it using the same inks then added a flower cluster atop of it.  I also used a couple pieces of chipboard from The Dusty Attic and had plenty of fun "making" them!  The fairy was actually inked then covered in white Perfect Pearls.  It's sooo pretty in person!!!
I finished off the tag with pearls, lace, and a metal piece from The Girl's Paperie.  I really love the soft look of this tag.. It just screams "girlie"!!!!!!!!!! 


Well gang, as usual... Thanks for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment