June 2014

June 2014

Friday, June 28, 2013

New Scrap Your Story Challenge and more!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!! It's been SUPER hot here in Florida lately!!! We're already breaking the 100's and it's not even July!!!! It's gonna be a hot one :-)

You Brighten My Days!
Well, I'm not just here to blab... As much as I LOVE to!!! It's Friday which means another wonderful challenge over at Scrap Your Story!! 
This week's challenge is to create a page using polaroids.  That's it!!! Just use them somewhere on your page and you're in it to win it!!! Hahaha!!!  I also used the second monthly sketch over at Sketch N Scrap to complete the layout.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my example:



This is my youngest daughter on Easter of this year.  I just LOVE these photos!!! Any who, I decided to keep this page very simple.  Which is pretty hard for me to do!!! I always want to add more and more and more until the page no longer fits in the scrapbook sleeve!!! Hahaha!!!!
The papers are Martha Stewart and an unknown brand behind the photos.  I created the polaroids using grungepaper and black paint.  Then I just added green polka dot rub-ons from October Afternoon to add detail.  I also used rub-ons to add detail to the balloon strings!  And that's all!! Another one bites the dust :-)

Take Your Place, Make Your Mark, Live Your Life
I'd also like to share with you a page I created for my Father In Law.  This was included into an altered frame where I used coordinating papers and metal corner pieces to finish it.  I used a sketch by 2 Broke Girls and papers by Recollections (which I am in LOVE with, by the way!!!).   Here is the sketch:


And my creation:


Isn't it fabulous?!?!?  This is my Father In Law with all four of his sons on my wedding day!!! They all look so wonderful!!!! 
I used various embellies by Tim Holtz (compass, gears, photo tape, and "spinners?!?"), label by K&Company, and unknown metal letters.  For the photo tape, I actually printed photos at 3/4 of an inch and inserted them on the back using double sided tape by Martha Stewart.  I also used Liquid Pearls by Ranger to "frame" the photo.  Love, love, LOVE this one!!!!

Well, gang, thanks so much for listening to me blab!!! Have a LUCKY day :-)


4 comments:

  1. Lovely pages. Thanks for playing along at S~N~S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so lovely Brandi! I adore the pictures in the first layout and the balloons match your daughters dress so well! I just adore fun lively feel to this layout! Thanks for playing along with our layout sketch this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great pages, Brandi! Really loving those darling pics of your daughter, and the second is such a fantastic, guy page! I have such a hard time with those. TFS!

    ReplyDelete