June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Scrap Your Story and Sketch N Scrap reveal!

Hello again my friends!!! I've been having some connectivity issues with my FIOS the past few days (thinking maybe it's the weather) but I'm here today to share some fabulous new projects!!!! Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show!!!!
 

"My Friend, My Dad" using Pink Paislee Secret Crush
First, I'd like to share with you this week's new challenge over at Scrap Your Story.  The idea is to create a page using a "sunburst" somewhere on it.  I decided to create a small sunburst in the lower left hand corner of my page, behind the chipboard slider.  I've also combined this with Frosted Design's "Polka Dot" Challenge.  The challenge being to use polka dots somewhere on your project and this paper was perfect for it!!!! Here's a look:
 
 
I used the Pink Paislee "Secret Crush" paper collection and embellies.  Sketch is from Sketches With Color.  This is a photo of my husband and youngest daughter at the play arena in Sea World, Orlando earlier this year. 
 
Another project on the list is a card I created for the June 20th card sketch over at Sketch N Scrap.  Here is the original sketch:
 
 
And here is my take:
 
I chose to create a window recess card for the challenge, using papers by the DCWV "Rustic" paper stack.  The bird embellie is from Martha Stewart, trim by Recollections, and die-cut by K&Company.  This is a birthday card for a VERY close friend and I hope she enjoys it!!! 
 
Well, gang, thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day!!!!
 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card, love the bird image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how you used the slide embellishment on your layout. I had one and found it hard to incorporate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great layout!! Love the mini sunburst!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs for our polka dot challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used that PP line here!! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete