June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, November 10, 2013

I Will Catch You... If You Fall!

Happy Monday all!!! Hope you had a wonderful weekend and a fabulous week ahead!!!

"I Will Catch You" Handmade Altered Mixed Media Tag
Just a quick stop in today to share with you a mixed media tag I made for the DT November Color Challenge over at Sketches4All.  Here is the color palette you get to work with  (AMAZING colors!!!!):

And here is an Altered Tag I made:


I had TONS of fun making this!!!!  
I started with a "clean" manilla tag, and added gesso with various stencils for texture.  Then I used my Luminarte Paints (soooo vibrant and shimmery!!!) and began my coloring.  Then I started to embellish.  
I printed my quote on my computer on creme colored cardstock, then cut out the words, distressed them, and inked them to match the color "theme".  I inked various wood pieces by Studio Calico and added them between the flowers.  I inked, misted, and added a coat of perfect pearls atop some grungeboard pieces by Tim Holtz.  I topped it off with homemade bling, flowers by Recollections and Heidi Swapp, and various metal knick knacks from Tim Holtz, and Momenta.  

Here are some close-ups:


This is some chipboard from Blue Fern Studios that I stamped an image on, clear embossed, then inked and misted for desired effect:


Well gang.... Thanks soooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)




1 comment: