June 2014

June 2014

Friday, January 17, 2014

Frosted Designs Polka Dot Challenge Posted!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!!  What a beautiful Friday it is here in sunny Florida!!!  A little chilly, but beautiful all the same!!!

Well, today is Friday and it just so happens that the Friday challenge is up and running at Frosted Designs!!!  The challenge is to use Polka Dots on your project...  That's right... I said "project"!!!  One thing I LOVE about FD is that you can submit any type of project, so long as it meets the challenge criteria.  Isn't that fabulous?!?

"Rockstar" Layout using Pink Paislee "Hey Kid" line
Any who, as I said, this challenge is all about polka dots.  I recently ordered the "Hey Kid" Kre8vt Kit by Pink Paislee (Found in the Frosted Design's Store) and decided to bring it out for play on this one.  The papers and embellies are soooo fun and perfect for those everyday photos!!!

I also used the sketch from Stuck?! Sketch and the previous challenge requirements of ink, paint, or mists as FD has joined with them this month!!!  Here's a look at the sketch:

Lord know I can never take a sketch at "face value" so I flipped it and tweaked it and this is what I came up with:


Yes, this is my youngest... and my Diva!!!  These were taken at her 3rd Birthday Party back in August :-)
This page was pretty easy as I did follow the sketch pretty well (for me!).  I used paper by Recollections for my background and to mat my photos.  I created the "journal" piece to the left by taking one that was already pre-made and adding embellishments and stickers.  I also outlined everything with a black sharpie so it would stand out against the busy bg paper at the top.  


I used my 2 inch circle punch and one of the pattern papers in the kit to create the circles at bottom, also outlining them with the sharpie.  I love the Heidi Swapp "honeycomb" stencil (also found in the FD Store!) and decided to use it with various distress inks to create some detail on the bottom.  



I finished the page with some scrunched ribbon, letter stickers included in the kit, and arrow stickers.  


Well gang...  Thanks sooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)




7 comments:

  1. Fantastic Chelsea! Love this mix of papers end embellies with your sweet photos! Thanks for joining us at a Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops sorry Brandi, I was thinking of my friend Chelsea when I commented but iknew it was your fabulous layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so totally awesome!!! LOVE the circles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous paper choice and I love how you turned the sketch! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love the colors and great job on the sketch! Thank you so much for joining us at
    Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute layout! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just sassy fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Stuck?! sketches.

    ReplyDelete