June 2014

June 2014

Friday, February 28, 2014

Altered Box ~ "Love is..." Mini-Series: Part 3!!!

Hello again my crafty friends!!!  I hope you've had a wonderful month of "love" filled with tons of inspiration from our very talented Design Team here at Frosted Designs!!!! I cannot express how excited I am to be part of such a wonderful (and AMAZING!) team!!!
 
Altered Box using Pink Paislee "Colorwash" Collection
As promised, I am here today to share the last part of my "Love is..." project!!! If you missed one or some of the previous posts, don't worry!!!  I'll be sure to share it all with you today :-)

Earlier in the month, Channa, from Frosted Designs, hosted an amazing challenge called "Love is...".  The challenge was was to create something showing what love means to you, and use the following color combo:


Isn't it gorgeous?!?  Well I loved the challenge so much that I created several projects to showcase the colors, and what love means to me :-)

Here's a look back at the two previous projects:
First a card...

And my "hidden" pocket with a tag that quotes:
"Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own"
Robert Heinlein


Then an altered Altoid can with mini photo book:




And my last project?!?  Well I had to have something to put all this wonderfull-ness in... right?!? 
So I created an altered box using the same papers and embellies from before.  
Here's a look:



I had so much fun playing with these papers and colors!!!  I used a box about 6x6 in size so the papers were perfect!!!  
I started by coating my box with a thin layer of gesso, mixed with Lindy's Stamp Gand magicals in Cotton Candy Pink.  These pigment powder paints are fabulous for adding color to your medium, or even water!! After using mod-podge (matte) to layer on the paper, I got to work embellishing!
I started by using the heart stencil in the January kit and molding paste mixed with the same Magicals and Rock Candy distress glitter to create the design around the box.  I used some washi tape to cover half of the heart, and just used the other half, flipping it every other time.  I did this around the top of the lid and the bottom of the box as well.
Here's a close-up of the molding paste with the color and glitter:


After the design dried, I added various flowers from Kaisercraft, Prima, and others from my stash to the top of the box.  I misted some with LSG and Dylusions sprays to get my desired colors.  
I also made my own bling using liquid pearls, acetate, and a template and tucked it beneath one of the flower clusters.


I used other trim coated with LSG Cotton Candy Pink to wrap around the entire box lid.


I finished it with the sheer pink ribbon from the January kit and created a bow.  I adhered it to the front of the box, adding a small rhinestone flower to the center.


I hope you have enjoyed my little "mini-series"!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

Products used from Frosted Designs Store:


No comments:

Post a Comment