June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1st Challenge at Colorful Creations!!!

Hello all and happy Saturday!!!!  Such a busy week around here...  Ready for this weekend!!!

"Treasure" Layout using Authentique "Flourish" and Suave" Collections
Today, we welcome a new month, and a new challenge over at Colorful Creations!  This challenge is an inspiration challenge with a twist...  Here is the inspiration photo:


The twist?!??  To use the word LUCKY on your layout.  (Well everyone knows how much I LOVE that word, right!??!?  Hahahaha!!!!!)

And here is my layout:


I am really loving the new Authentique paper lines!!!  The paper is fabulous and the colors are just gorgeous :-)  They are also included in the March Kit from Frosted Designs (which I used to make this page)!!!!!

I used a black background paper from the kit and added a little detail in various areas.  I used the Tim Holtz layering stencil (clocks) and some molding paste tinted with Lindy's Stamp Gang "Magicals" to add some texture to the page.  I also used the white gel pen from last month's kit to create the "faux" stitched border around the clock.  The kit comes with fabulous Kaisercraft wooden butterflies and I just had to have one on this page!  I first stamped one of the Prima Stamps in the kit directly onto the wood using Versamark ink, then heat embossed it to create a resist.  I colored it with the African Jade Luminarte Paint included in the kit and some LSG Sunburst Sprays.  I topped off the butterfly with gold Perfect Pearls (by Ranger) to tie in the gold from the inspiration photo.  



I created small clusters of flowers by Prima and Kaisercraft, applying Gesso to the tops of some of them.  I also found these fabulous chipboard pieces from Creative Embellishments that were coated with gesso as well.  


I used the tiny sticker letters from the kit to add the word "Lucky" on the side of my picture.  


I finished off the page with the Kaisercraft rub-ons and black brads from the kit as well.  I sponged the trim from the kit with the Luminarte Paint mentioned above and placed it below the title.


And there's my completed page!!!  Thanks for looking :-)


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment