June 2014

June 2014

Saturday, February 15, 2014

Mixed Media Canvas for the "Love" Challenge at Colorful Creations!!!

Hello again everyone!!!  I hope you had a fabulous Valentine's Day!!!!  

Speaking of Valentine's day, there is a new "LOVE" challenge up at Colorful Creations!!!! The challenge is super simple...  Just incorporate the word "Love" into your project and you're in it to win it!!!

Mixed Media Canvas using the January Kit from Frosted Designs
I decided on making a mixed media/altered canvas for the challenge (my first ever!!!).  I used the "Love is in the Air" January Kit from Frosted Designs which included the Teresa Collins "You Are My Happy" collection.  Here's a look at the finished piece:


I really wanted to incorporate love and nothing says that better than a whole lot of PINK!!! Hahahaha!!!!

I started by adding a coat of gesso over my canvas and let it dry.  Then I sprayed Dylusions "Bubble Gum" mist all over for color.  I added gold gelato around the edges and worked it in really well with a water brush.  



I used the Heidi Swapp honeycomb stencil and molding paste mixed with the gold gelato to add some texture to the background.  I also added the pink bling from the kit to random parts of the design!


I used my heart punch and papers from the kit to create a small banner at the top of the canvas:



I just love the chevron wood veneers by UmWow studios (also from the Frosted Designs Store).  I added some gesso colored with the mist and topped them off with Rock Candy distress glitter.


I finished the canvas with the beautiful burlap heart in the kit.  It's really a gorgeous piece!!!  I put some of the Petaloo flowers on the top and sides, and added Maya Road resin flowers around the entire canvas for detail.


I just love the way this whole piece came together!!!  I will certainly be doing another one soon!!!!

I am also sharing this with Crafty Creations, where you can upload your most recent paper craft projects, at The Memory Nest!


Well gang...  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is adorable. I love the hexagons (love them lately)!!! Thank you for sharing your Crafty Creation! BTW love that layout "You are my Happy" on the side of your blog. Congrats on getting it published. I can see why. SO glad you linked up.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete