June 2014

June 2014

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Spring Cleaning with Foam Board Storage!!!!

Hello there my crafty friends!!!!  I hope you are having beautiful weather like we are here in the sunshine state!!!

I came across this page the other day and it was talking about foam board storage.  NEVER, have I EVER, thought about that!!!!  I put it in my search engine and BAM!!!!!  TONS of crafty people just like myself have made alls sorts of organizational pieces for their craft area using foam board!!!!!  What an idea!!!

So, you know what comes next, right?!?  Yes... I went out and bought six pieces of foam board and got to work!!!  No, my pieces aren't perfect by any stretch of the imagination... It's a learning process indeed...But they are sturdy!!! VERY much so!!!!

I've been wanting to organize my Distress Inks for a while now.  I have tons of them and have them all laid out in rows.  The problem is that they take up soooo much space that way!!!! Well, not anymore :-)

Here's a look at my ever-so-crooked distress ink tower:


I even had a few spots left for some of my Staz On inks!!!  Now, this is not ALL of my inks.  Between my Stampin Up! pads, Memento, Staz On, Embossing Inks, and so forth, I could certainly use at LEAST one more of these!!!!  You have to make different ones for each brand of ink, depending on dimensions :-)

I even used my labeler to label each shelf with the respective ink:


I've been working with them long enough that I don't need swatches on the side.  I use these inks on EVERYTHING and am VERY familiar with each and every color I own :-)

Now, I said I purchased six boards, right?!?  So there was plenty left over to do something about my Spectrum Noir markers!!!  I built a piece about a year ago that consisted of three wine racks and several plastic cups.  It's held up just fine, but again, it's a matter of space (Of which I have very little!).  After making my first piece, I moved right on to the next one.  Here's a look:






I had one extra space that was a perfect fit for all of my Distress Markers as well!!!!



Well gang....  Thanks so much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)


1 comment: