June 2014

June 2014

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Sketch N Scrap Card Sketch #17 with Simple Stories Handmade Holiday!

Hello all and happy Sunday!!!  It's a bit chilly here in the sunshine state and only expected to get cooler over the next few days :-)

"Celebrate Dec 25" with Simple Stories "Handmade Holiday"
A new card sketch has been posted at Sketch N Scrap... Card Sketch # 17!!!  I had so much fun playing the Simple Stories "Handmade Holiday" on my last layout that I couldn't help but make a card with it :-)

Here's a look at the new sketch:


I moved the "middle" of the sketch to the left side of my card and here is what I came up with:


Isn't it just adorable?!?  This paper pad is full of elements to be cut out and that's exactly what I did!!! 
 I started by laying my background pieces, using my Polka Dots embossing folder for the green one.  I used Pine Needles Distress Ink to ink all the edges and I really love the effect :-) I fussy cut the "Joy" and "Dec 25" pieces from the pad, and added metallic Liquid Pearls for added detail.  The bow was made from remnants of a package I received over Christmas (Thanks Barb!!!) and I "hung" an ornament below it by Martha Stewart.  
Here are some close-ups:






Stay tuned for my first project with Frosted Designs on the 7th!!!!

Well gang...  Thanks sooo much for stopping in and have a LUCKY day :-)



2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card, love all the details !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card! I have to say that bow is amazing. I'm terrible at making those! You need to do a tutorial. :)

    ReplyDelete